Enthusiastic Unity engineer and technical artist with over 3 years of experience in Unity development. Skilled in directing development with creative and performance-oriented approach. Well-organized and customer-focused with proven skills in project management and team leadership.
Alutiiq LLC, San Diego, California
Unity Engineer – May 2019 – Present
* Support the United States Navy’s Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific’s Battlespace Exploitation of Mixed Reality (BEMR) Lab. Explore and develop mixed reality solutions for the warfighter using low-cost, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) gaming and cell phone technology.
* Evaluate, integrate and exploit commercial mixed reality (MxR) technology for adaptation to the battlespace to increase and broaden US warfighters’ asymmetric advantage.
* Develop technology for shipboard and shore system infrastructure design efforts, associated warfighter training, battle damage assessment and future weapons design.
Appatheia, San Diego, California
Support Programmer/Technical Artist – January 2018 – May 2019
* Feature development including daily rewards, interactive tutorials, and game modes.Extended and maintaining current systems as needed.
* UI design and implementation.
* Develop asset pipelines and communicate with artists on asset creation guidelines.
* Handled misc in engine tasks such as setting up particles, animations, and audio mixers.
Extrokold Games, Lemon Grove, California
Programming Intern – July 2018 – October 2018
* Researched Agile strategies and software development best practices.
Husky Tiger Studio,San Diego, California
Gameplay Programmer – April 2017 – July 2017
* Infinite Runner game created for Antarctic Press’ 2017 San Diego Comic Con booth.
* Extended Infinite runner engine in Unity.
* Designed art asset exporting guidelines.
The Art Insttute of California – San Diego, San Diego, California
Programming and Art Tutor – April 2017 – June 2018
* Assist students during classes as a teacher’s assistant.
* Provide one on one tutoring outside of class for subjects including: C++ programming, data structures and design patterns, 3d modeling, and rigging.
Escape Medusa’s Lair
Programmer – February 2019 – Present
* Multiplayer Stealth game in Unreal Engine using a mix of C++ and Blueprints
* Set up gameplay and game logic while keeping network replication in mind.
* Create materials, retarget animations.
Prisoner of War
Programmer – February 2019
*Game done for the Winter 2019 Unreal Engine Jam
* Created Materials and set up post processing effects.
Gameplay Programmer/Technical Director – April 2018 – December 2018
* Created asset guidelines for artists including naming conventions, asset pipelines, mesh hierarchies, etc.
* Misc art tasks like rigging, and animating.
* Built using Unity’s 3D game kit
* Created all shaders using Unity’s shadergraph.
Shader Demo with Dave
Technical Artist – June 2018
* Demo made to learn shaders/cg in Unity.
* Created all shaders using cg/HLSL.
Gameplay Programmer – October 2017 – March 2018
* Project created for the Fall 2017 Game Prototyping class at The Art Institute of California.
* Created and iterated on a crafting/inventory system, basic character movement, platforming mechanics.
Gameplay Programmer – December 2016
* Puzzle game created in three weeks as a personal project in between school terms.
* Features include Character controller, mobile controls, grid based movement.
* Published to Google Play Store.
The Art Institute of California – San Diego, San Diego, California (2019)
Bachelor of Science, Visual and Game Programming.
Unity, Unreal, Maya, MotionBuilder, Photoshop.